Foundation?




Hi everyone :) 
Today's post is about foundation.I am in no way at all an expert,but there are some things/products, I have found that tend to make your foundation look a whole lot better. 

1.Skincare
This is definitely the most important factor in having good foundation. If your skin is very oily or very dry, it can be hard for foundation to stay on. Last December, I had bad acne on my forehead. It looked dreadful in pictures, but when i started using La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo, (cleanser & moisturizer)  it cleared up almost straight away. Now, my foundation doesn't clump around the spots, and it goes on a lot smoother.
It is important to follow a skincare routine and find products that work on your own skin. One product will not suit everyone, not even if your favourite Youtube guru uses it!



2.Choosing the right shade 
Okay, so I feel like a bit of a hypocrite right now, because I (STLL) haven't found a foundation to suit my pale skin. Its not the end of the world, as long as you blend the foundation into your neck. No one wants to realise at the end of the day that they have been walking around with a foundation line! (Although it still happens sometimes). So, if you have a foundation that seems to be too dark, just keep blending, or add some moisturizer, as it might lighten it out a bit. If you are buying an expensive foundation, get it tested beforehand to make sure the shade is right. 

3.Applying the foundation
Personally, I never use my hands to put on foundation. Whenever I try to, it comes out streaky and blotchy. Not a good look!. Instead, I use a buffing brush. It blends everything out effortlessly, and gives a flawless finish. Another brush I often use is my Real Techniques Contour brush. I used it as I couldn't find my buffing brush, and it really does blend foundation into your skin well. A Beauty Blender, is also a good method of applying foundation. Wet it first, then use it to apply your foundation. The fact that it is wet means it will be more effective at blending everything out. Don't worry if you don't have these brushes, you can buy the foundation brush from the Elf cosmetics website for only £1.50 (€1.75) which is such an amazing price for this brush. 

4. Choosing the right foundation
Firstly, find out what type of skin you have. If your skin is oily, you need to make sure the foundation is oil free. Otherwise, it will make your face look super shiny and it will fall off the skin.For dry skin, choose a liquid foundation rather than a powder, as the powder will stick to the dry areas. A foundation I find good for both oily and dry skin (there are two choices when buying this foundation) is Revlon colourstay. What you see is what you get. It really does stay on. In fact, its super hard to get off! You only need a small amount and it has high coverage, so you may not even need concealer. 

Here are some products which will help prolong your foundation. 
1. Mac Prep and Prime.
2. Collection 2000 Fix me up spray
3. Elf setting spray
4. Transparent powder


Hope you enjoyed this post. If you would like to see a review on any of the products mentioned, leave me a comment & I will be more than happy to write one :) 

Catherine x



*This post was not sponsored nor am I advertising for any of the products mentioned

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I try to reply to comments as soon as possible x